Masala peanut recipe (1)
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Masala peanut recipe (1) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Peanut (husk removed) - 1 cup
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chili - 6
- Shallot (sambar onion) - 6
- Finely chopped Onion - 1
- Lemon - 1/2
- Coriander leaf - 15
- Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Curry leaf - 8
- Mustard seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split black gram - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Boil the peanuts, drain the liquid and keep them aside.
- In a blender. Add coconut, ginger, garlic, shallot (sambar onion), green chili and grind to a coarse paste by adding little water as possible.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, black gram, cumin seeds, curry leaves. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering. Add the onion and cook until they turn translucent (golden brown).
- Now add the ground paste, salt as needed and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked peanuts and sauté until the raw smell is gone. Cover and Continue cooking until the masala and peanut come together about 5 minutes. (stir time to time to avoid burning).
- Now remove from heat and serve.