Sundakkai puli kuzhambu recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Sundakkai puli kuzhambu recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Sundakkai (dry turkey berry) - 1 Cup
- Onion - 2
- Green chili - 4
- Coriander seeds - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Tamarind (Puli) - 1 lemon size
- Hot dry chili - 8
- Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Rice powder (optional) - 1 teaspoon (tsp).
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Curry leaves (optional) - 5
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water for 20 min. Get the tamarind juice from it.
- In a pan dry fry hot dry chili, cumin seeds, coriander seeds. Grind them to a find paste by adding water as needed.
- Cut onion, green chili into fine pieces.
- Wash the Sundakkai (dry turkey berry) boil and cook them and keep it aside with the water. (add little water as possible)
- In a pan heat oil add fenugreek seeds, mustard seed cook until mustard seed start to splatter.
- Now add the curry leaves and cook for a 1 min. Now add cut onions, green chili, garlic and cook until onion turns golden brown.
- Now add the ground paste and cook for a 1 min. Now add the tamarind and boiled Sundakkai (dry turkey berry) and salt to taste.
- Cook until the right thickness is reached and serve. (if you like to thicken early. add rice powder when the mixture is cooked and the raw smell is gone)
- Rice powder is optional. It is used as a thickener.