Baghare baigan recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Baghare baigan recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Egg plant (brinjal ) - 1/4 kilogram
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tamarind - one lemon size
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaves - little
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- -- To Roast and Grind to paste --
- Blanched peanut - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Sesame seed - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Onion - 1
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander seed - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shredded coconut - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Poppy seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Slit the egg plant (brinjal) and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, little water and mix well to a paste.
- Soak tamarind in water and take thick juice.
- Dry roast the ingredients under the section "-- To Roast and Grind to paste --" and grind them to fine thick paste by adding little water as possible.
- In pan heat oil, add egg plant (brinjal) and sauté them.
- Now add the ground paste and sauté them well.
- Now add the ginger garlic masala paste. Mix well and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the tamarind juice, salt, water as needed. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking until the right thickness is reached and serve.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →