Aval kesari recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Aval kesari recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Aval (Flattened rice or beaten rice) - 2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Cashew nut - 15
- Crushed Cardamom - 3
- Saffron - a pinch
- Water - 4 cups
- Heat 2 teaspoon (tsp.) of ghee and roast the cashew to light brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan roast the aval to golden brown, powder this in mixie to rava consistency and keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add water, saffron and bring to boil. NOTE: add water as needed for the thickness of the kesari.
- Now add the aval and cook.
- Once the aval is cooked add the sugar and cook until they come together.
- Now add ghee and cook until the ghee separates.
- Now add crushed cardamom powder, roasted cashew mix well and serve.
- Do not add sugar before the aval is cooked.
- It takes a bit of time to get cooked. So make sure its cooked well, otherwise later aval won’t be soft in the kesari.
- Add ghee according to your need.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →