Carrot dosai recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Carrot dosai recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Idli rice | Parboiled rice - 1/2 cup
- Raw rice - 1/4 cup
- Split pigeon pea | Toor dal - 1/4 cup
- Split Bengal gram - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shredded Carrot - 2
- Tamarind - a small lemon sizie
- Salt - to taste
- Soak parboiled rice, raw rice, pigeon pea for 3 hours and drain water and keep it aside.
- Soak Bengal gram for an hour.
- Grind carrot, parboiled rice, raw rice, pigeon pea, tamarind, black gram, salt to taste and 1/4 up of water and grind to dosai batter.
- Add the soaked Bengal gram and mix well.
- Now make dosai and serve.
- -- Making Dosai --
- Heat the flat iron skillet or non-stick tawa pan with coat of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the center, spread with the back of the spoon to a thick round. (or as think you wanted)
- Once this side is cooked, flip over and cook until the dosai is cooked on the other side. Remove and serve
- Batter don't need to be fermented overnight.
- Good to go with tomato chutney.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →