Crab kuzhambu (curry) recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Crab kuzhambu (curry) recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Crab - 7
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Shredded Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Shallot - 14
- Salt - to taste
- Tomatoes - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp)
- Chili powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Tamarind - 1 lemon size
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Drumstick - 1
- Hot green chili - 2
- Curry leaves (optional) - 5
- Clean the crab well. Cut 4 shallot, tomatoes, drumstick into small pieces.
- Split the hot green chili. In a blender or mixture grind shredded coconut, black pepper, fennel seed, garlic, left shallots grind to a paste.
- Make a cup of thick tamarind juice. Now add the mixture to tamarind juice and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seed, cut shallots, curry leaves and cook until the shallots turn golden brown.
- Now add the cut tomatoes and cook until oil separates.
- Now add the crab and fry for 5 min.
- Now add the tamarind mixture. add the cut drumstick.
- Cook this mixture until the crab is cooked and kuzhambu becomes thick consistency and serve.
- Instead of drumstick you can use brinjal (egg plant) , plantain.