Crab (nandu) kuzhambu recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Crab (nandu) kuzhambu recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Crab (nandu) - 1 1/2 kilogram
- Drumstick leaf - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Fresh thick coconut milk - 1 cup
- Onion - 3
- Tomato - 4
- Green chili - 3
- Curry leaf - 10
- Ginger garlic paste - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- -- Roasted and to be powdered --
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Cardamom - 4
- Clove - 4
- Nutmeg - small piece (size of the cardamom)
- Curry leaf - 10
- -- for Tempering --
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fenugreek seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Clean the crap. Add turmeric powder to the crab mix well and keep it aside.
- Roast the coconut to golden brown and grind to a thick fine paste in a blender (mixer) by adding little water as possible.
- Dry roast the ingredients under "Roasted and to be powdered" and powder them in a mortar and pestle.
- Finely chop onion, green chili and tomatoes.
- In a pan heat oil. Now add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds. Once the mustard seed stop splattering add the onion and sauté until it turns translucent (golden brown).
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté until its raw smell is gone.
- Now add crab, drumstick leaves, tomato, salt as needed and mix well. Now cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes in medium heat. NOTE: time to time stir so it does not get burnt.
- Now add chili powder, 2 cup of water and let it cook. Once the crab is cooked well.
- Add powdered ingredients, ground coconut paste, coconut milk and bring to boil and remove from heat (stove) and serve.