Tamarind chutney recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Tamarind chutney recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Tamarind - 1 big gooseberry size
- Chopped onion - 1
- Chopped tomato - 4
- Dry chili - 5
- Shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Cumin seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split bengal gram - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split black gram - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - 5
- Oil - 4 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - to taste.
- Dry roast bengal gram, black gram, dry chili. (until the grams turn light or golden brown)
- Grind onion, tomato, coconut, cumin seeds, tamarind, 3/4 curry leaves, salt to taste, roasted grams, dry chili into a fine thick paste by adding as little water as possible.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, asafoetida powder, curry leaves and sauté until mustard seed stop to splatter.
- Now add the ground paste and bring to boil by covering with a lid.
- Now remove the lid and cook until the oil separates and serve. (Note: you can add water if needed if you still have tamarind raw smell)
- Goes well with idly, dosai.
- Good to eat for 4 to 5 days it won't get spoiled.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →