Vellai paniyaram recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Vellai paniyaram recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Fenugreek seed – 3 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Raw rice (idli rice) – 2 cup
- Parboiled rice – 2 cup
- Grated Jaggery – 1/4 kilogram or as needed
- Oil – as required
- Salt – a needed
- -- Making the batter -
- Soak raw rice, parboiled rice together in water for for 3 hours.
- Soak fenugreek seed in water for 3 hours.
- Grind the soaked fenugreek seeds in a wet grinder for few minutes then add socked rice and grind it to smooth batter i.e it will take 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now transfer the batter to a big bowl. Add salt and beat the batter well. Keep this overnight to ferment.
- -- Making Sweet Paniyaram -
- In a bowl take the required amount of paniyaram batter and keep it aside.
- Melt the jaggery completely by adding 2 to 4 tablespoon (tbsp.) of water. Add the melted jaggery by filtering through coffee filter little by little and stir well. NOTE: check for your sweet preference before adding more and more jaggery syrup.
- Heat the paniyaram pan on low medium flame. Add 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) of oil or as needed in the kuzhi (well).
- Now add sweet paniyaram batter to each kuzhi (well) such that it fills 2/3 rd.
- Cover and cook in low flame until the lower side turns brown. Flip each paniyaram with skewer or wooden stick. Once the flipped side is cooked and turns golden brown server hot.
- Serving: 10
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →