Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Susiyam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Spit bengal gram - 1/2 kilogram
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 kilogram
- Coconut - 1/2
- Maida flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Roasted Cumin seed - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Add salt to bengal gram and cook until its cooked 3/4th . Drain the liquid and cool it to room temperature. Once bengal gram is cooled down grind into a powder in blender (mixer)
- Add 2 tablespoon (tbsp.) of sugar, turmeric powder, salt, water to maida flour and make a batter.
- Shred half a coconut and dry roast them to golden brown. Powder the roasted cumin seeds.
- Add the roasted coconut, roasted cumin powder, cardamom powder, powdered sugar, powdered bengal gram and make a dough.
- Make small ball with the dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Now dip these balls in the maida batter and deep fry them and serve. NOTE: deep fry them in batches for good result.