Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Kachayam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Rava - 200 grams
- Jaggery - 100 grams
- Ripe banana - 2
- Cashew - 10
- Shredded coconut - from 1/2 coconut
- Milk - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Cardamom - 3
- Oil - 2 cup (for frying)
- Slit the rava and keep it aside.
- Powder the jaggery.
- Chop the cashews.
- Powder the cardamom.
- In bowl add rava, jaggery, banana, cashew, coconut, cardamom. Mash the banana without any lump. Mix them all to make a very thick dough by adding milk as needed. NOTE: if you make the dough soft it will break into pieces when you deep fry them.
- Keep the dough aside for 30 minutes.
- Now make small ball out of the dough. Flatten the balls and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Reduce the heat to medium low and deep fry the flatten balls to golden brown on both sides and serve. i.e. fry them like vadai