Puliyodharai Recipe (1)
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Puliyodharai Recipe (1) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Cooked rice - 3 to 4 cup.
- Dry chili - 25
- Blanched Roasted Peanut or ground nut - 1/2 cup
- Black gram - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Mustard seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida piece - Otaheite gooseberry (arainellikai) size
- Bengal gram - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) + 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tamarind - 1 orange size
- Rock salt - 1 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Curry leaves - 10 count
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon (tbsp.)
- Sesame Oil - 100 milliliter
- Sugar - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Soak tamarind, salt in cup of water for 10 minutes. Now take tamarind juice by adding more water to 3 1/2 cup in total.
- Dry Roast the fenugreek seeds and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Now break the asafoetida pieces and fry them. Remove from oil and keep it aside.
- Powder the roasted asafoetida pieces, fenugreek seeds.
- Now add dry chili and lower the heat.
- Now add mustard seeds, bengal gram, black gram, curry leaves and stir once.
- Now add the tamarind juice, turmeric powder, sugar and bring to boil. NOTE: increase the heat after you add tamarind juice.
- Boil and cook until oil starts to separate. Now add asafoetida powder, fenugreek powder. Stir and cook this when oil separates and form a thick paste.
- Once cool down. store it in a bottle. Will stay good for 6 months if you don't touch with hand.
- In a bowl add cooked rice, 2 tablespoon (tbsp.) oil, roasted peanuts, roasted curry leaves, tamarind paste as needed mix well and serve.
- This is a huge quantity not for single meal preparation.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →