Ven pongal (white pongal) recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Ven pongal (white pongal) recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Mung beans (pasi paruppu) - 200 grams
- Rice - 1 cup
- Ghee - 50 grams
- Cashews - 10
- Black pepper - 2 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Curry leaves (optional) - 5
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Salt - to taste
- Cut ginger into fine pieces.
- In a pan fry the mung beans (pasi paruppu) for 4-5 min ( note don't burn it)
- Cook the rice to paste by adding mung beans (pasi paruppu) and salt to taste with 3-4 cups of water.
- In a pan melt ghee add ginger, cumin seeds, black pepper, curry leaves and cashews until cashews turn golden brown.
- Now add the fried items in step 4 to the cooked rice mix well and serve.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →