Mutton dry fry recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Mutton dry fry recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Mutton pieces - 350 gram
- Chopped onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Yogurt or curd - 100 milliliter
- Cumin seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cinnamon stick - 2 pieces
- Clove - 2 count
- Cardamom - 2 count
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - to taste
- In a pressure cooker heat oil, Add fennel seeds and fry it.
- Now add onion and sauté until it becomes translucent (golden brown).
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add chili powder, turmeric powder and sauté
- Now add the mutton pieces, salt and sauté. Once mutton is sautéed (i.e. sweated) add yogurt or curd, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Pressure cook the mutton until its cooked. NOTE: no need to add water as mutton has water. if you need water add 1/2 tumbler of water or as needed so mutton don't get burnt.
- Once mutton is Cooked and pressure is released if the mutton is dry serve. or cook it until oil start to separate and serve.
- Goes well with dosai, white rice with rasam
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →