Madurai liver fry recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let cooking a excellent side dish for curd rice, sambar rice and biryani. Madurai style mutton liver fry.
- Mutton liver pieces - 200 grams
- Chopped Shallot (sambar onion) - 12
- Chopped Tomato - 1
- Shredded coconut - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - 10 count
- Chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fennel seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Mustard seed, split black gram - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Dry chili - 4
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, split black gram, fennel seeds. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering add shallot (sambar onion), dry chili, curry leaf and sauté until the shallot (sambar) onion turn translucent (golden brown).
- Now add tomato and sauté until they become mushy.
- Now add Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala powder and mix well and cook until raw smell is gone. NOTE: don't burn
- Now add the mutton liver pieces and sauté for 2 minutes or until the liver is well sautéed.
- Now add water as needed, salt. Cover with lid and cook in low heat until the liver is cooked. NOTE: stir time to time to avoid burning. add water if needed
- Cooking the liver until the oil separates.
- Now add the shredded coconut and mix well. cook for 2 minutes and serve.
- Preparation time: 10 minute, cooking time: 30 minutes
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →