Paruthi Paal halwa recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Paruthi Paal halwa recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Cotton (Paruthi) seed - 100 gram
- Jaggery - 70 gram
- Dry ginger - a piece
- Milk Maid (condense milk) - 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Milk Kova - 100 gram
- Ghee - as needed
- Soak the cotton seeds submerged in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Shredded the Jaggery.
- Crush the dry ginger to powder.
- Grind the soaked cotton seed in a wet grinder to a fine thnn batter by adding water as neeed. NOTE: wash and clean then drain all water befroe you grind.
- Add 2 cups of water to the batter and cook until the batter is reduced to 1/3 of the volume. Adjust heat so the batter get burnt.
- Now add the milk kova, milk maid (condensed milk) and mix well. Once mixed well add the powdered jaggery. Stir and cook until the jaggery dissolved
- Now add powdered dry ginger powder and mix well.
- Once the batter get thick and start to stick to pan.
- Add melted ghee as needed and cooking until the ghee start to separate and serve.
- You can also garnish with cashew nuts and serve.