nethili karuvadu fry recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food nethili karuvadu fry recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Nethili (Anchovy) karuvadu - 1/2 kilogram
- Chopped onion - 3
- Chopped tomato - 2 (big size)
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Kuzhambu (curry) powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Remove the head and tail from the Nethili (Anchovy) karuvadu. Soak them in boiling water for at least 30 minutes. Drain the liquid and rinse them 5 to 6 times to clean them well.
- In a pan heat oil. Now add chopped onion and sauté until they become translucent.
- Now add chopped tomato, salt and sauté until the tomato become mushy and oil starts to separate.
- Now add the cleaned Nethili (Anchovy) karuvadu and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add the chili powder, kuzhambu (curry) powder. Mix well and cook this for about 20 minutes until the Nethili (Anchovy) karuvadu is cooked and oil is separated (dry) then serve
- No water should not be added should be cooked only with oil for good result.