Nethili fish curry recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Nethili fish curry recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Cleaned Nethili (Anchovies) fish - 1/4 kilogram.
- Chopped onion - 1
- Chopped chili - 2
- Chopped tomato - 2
- Crushed Garlic - 4 clove
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper powder + cumin seed powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Yogurt or curd - 1/2 cup
- Tamarind water - 1 cup (from a small lemon size tamarind ball)
- Fresh coconut paste - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - little
- Coriander leaf - little
- Oil - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- In a pan head oil and add crushed garlic, fenugreek seeds, chopped onion, chopped green chili, curry leaves and sauté well.
- Now add chopped tomato, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder + cumin seed powder and sautae until raw smell is gone and oil start to separate.
- Now add the yogurt or curd and mix well.
- Now add tamarind juice, coriander leaves, water as need, salt. Bring the curry to boil and cook for 4 minutes until the raw smell is gone.
- Now lower the heat and add the fish and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Now add the ground coconut paste and cook until the curry become thick. Once reached the right thickness serve.
- After you drop the fish in curry when you stir be careful not to break them.