Fish Kuzhambu recipe (1)
Let see how to cook simple Fish Kuzhambu recipe with tamarind and coconut. Goes well with white rice, dosai or idli.
- Fish pieces - 1/2 kilogram
- Tamarind - 1 big lemon size
- Chili powder - 6 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shallot (sambar onion) - 1/4 kilogram
- Green chili - 2
- Chopped Tomato - 3
- Garlic - 2 bulb (whole)
- Coconut - 2 pieces
- Curry leaf - 10 leaves
- Coriander leaves - little
- Sesame Oil - as needed.
- Salt - as needed
- Grind coconut, 10 shallot (sambar onion) into a thick paste by adding little water as possible.
- Soak the tamarind in water as needed and get a thick juice.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and sauté until the mustard seeds stop splattering.
- Now add rest of the shallot (sambar onion), garlic, green chili and sauté until the shallot (sambar onion) become translucent (golden brown)
- Now add the tomatoes, salt and sauté until they become mushy.
- Now add the ground coconut paste, tamarind juice (adjust water as needed) and cook until the Kuzhambu becomes thick and all the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the fish pieces and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Now add the coriander leaves and serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, Cooking Time: 15 minutes.