Fish curry recipe (2)
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Fish curry recipe (2) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Fish pieces - 1/2 kilogram
- Tamarind - 1 big lemon size.
- Chili powder - 6 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shallot (sambar onion) - 1/4 kilogram
- Green chili - 2
- Tomato - 3
- Whole Garlic - 2
- Coconut - 2 pieces (wedges)
- Coriander leaf - little
- Curry leaf - little
- Sesame Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Grind coconut, 10 count shallot (sambar onion) into a thick paste by adding water as needed.
- Soak tamarind in water and get thick juice.
- In a pan heat sesame oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaf and sauté until mustard seeds stop splattering.
- Now add rest of the shallot (sambar onion) , garlic cloves, green chili and sauté until shallot (sambar onion) becomes translucent (golden brown).
- Now add chopped tomato and sauté until they become mushy and oil start to separate.
- Now add chili powder, salt and sauté. NOTE: don't burn it.
- Now add ground coconut paste and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add tamarind juice and bring to boil. Cook this until the curry becomes thick.
- Now add the fish pieces and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Now add coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- At the end you can temper (heat oil, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves) and add to curry.