Fish curry recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Fish curry recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Fish - 500 grams
- Dry chili - 25 grams
- Coriander seeds - 15 grams
- Black pepper - 5 grams
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp)
- Tamarind - 35 grams
- Oil - 50 grams
- Small shallots - 10 count
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Tomatoes - 50 grams
- Coconut pulp - 25 grams
- Curry leaves (optional) - 10 leaves
- Salt - for taste
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water for 10 minutes and make a thick juice.(squeeze and remove the fibers)
- Cut tomatoes and onions in to small pieces.
- Grind chili, coriander, turmeric, black pepper and coconut pulp into a paste.
- Add the ground paste in (Grind chili, coriander, turmeric, black pepper and coconut pulp ) to the tamarind juice, add salt to taste and mix well.
- In a pan heat oil, when the oil is hot add curry leaf and then add fenugreek seed and fry for a minute.
- Then add the cumin seed and fry for a minute.
- Then add cut onions and fry until the onion turns golden brown.
- When the onions are done add tomatoes pieces and cook until oil separates.
- Then add the tamarind juice mixture and cook for 20-30 min( add water if necessary)
- When required consistency is reached add the fish and cook for 5 - 10 min.
- Instead of raw tamarind, 2 tablespoon (tbsp) of paste can be used with cup of water.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →