Chettinad fish curry (chettinad meen kuzhambu) recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Chettinad fish curry (chettinad meen kuzhambu) recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Fish – 1/2 kilo grams
- Shallots (Sambar onion ) – 1/4 kilo gram
- Curry leaves – 10
- Black pepper – 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Mustard seed – 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tamarind – small lemon size
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Cumin seed – 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder – 3 teaspoon (tsp.) ( as spicy as needed)
- Coriander powder – 6 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tomatoes – 1/4 kilo gram
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Green chili – 3
- Salt – to taste
- Soak tamarind in 3 cup of water and get the juice.
- Remove the skin of the shallot and cut them into pieces.
- Cut tomatoes into pieces.
- Crush 1/2 of the black pepper into a fine powder.
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds, 1/2 of the non crushed black pepper, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, garlic and curry leaves and temper (sauté) them.
- Now add the cut onions and cook until it turns light golden brown.
- Now add the cut tomatoes and cook until oil separates.
- Now add the tamarind juice and bring to boil.
- Spit the green chili and add them to the boiling curry.
- Now add the chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cook until raw smell is gone.
- Now add the salt for taste and then the fish.
- Simmer and Cook until curry reached the right consistency of your preference and serve. NOTE: oil will separate and float on top of the curry.
- Curry tastes get better the over next days.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →