Potato roti recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Potato roti recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Maida flour - 450 grams
- Butter - 50 grams
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Potato - 250 grams
- Chopped Onion - 2
- Chopped Green chili - 3
- Chopped Curry leaf - 5
- Chopped Coriander leaf - a handful
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Make a soft dough (chapatti consistency) by mixing maida flour, butter and lukewarm salt water. Coat this with oil and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Boil and cook the potatoes. Mash the cooked potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. add mustard seeds once hey stop to splatter add onion, green chili, curry leaf, coriander leaf and sauté until the onion turns translucent (golden brown).
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, black pepper powder and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the mashed potato, salt to taste and sauté until the potato is coated well with masala. Now remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Make small ball out of soft dough. Roll the balls into a flat round sheet. Place small portion of the potato and bring the edges together to the center and seal tightly.
- Roll this flat again into a round sheet with your hands.
- -- Cooking chapati--
- Heat a skillet add oil as needed. And make sure it covers all the surface.
- Now cook the flatten dough until it is cooked both side and serve. NOTE: You have to flip to other side when one side is cooked.
- Cook all the roti and serve.