Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Naan recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Maida flour - 3 cup
- Yeast - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Backing powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Yogurt or Curd - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Melted ghee - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - as needed.
- Add yeast to 1/2 cup of warm water until it bubbles up.
- Sifter flour twice with a sifter or sieve in a bowl.
- Make a hole in center in the flour, add yogurt or curd, yeast, sugar, melted ghee and keep it aside for a minute.
- Now add the milk to the flour, salt to taste and make a dough as you do for chapati. Keep this dough for 4 -5 hours (cover the bowl with wet towel).
- Now make small 2 inch balls and flatten them into thick sheet.
- Heat a skillet add oil as needed. Now place the flat dough, brush water on the top side, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now flip the skillet so the top side faces the fire. cook until it falls down and serves the naan.