Plain chapathi (chapati) recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Plain chapathi (chapati) recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Whole wheat flour - 3 cup
- Warm water - as required
- Oil - to cook
- Salt - as needed
- Mix all the ingredient except oil into a dough. Knead this dough for few minutes until the dough becomes pliable and soft. Keep this aside for 10 - 20 minutes.
- Now make small 2 inch balls and flatten them to thin sheet.
- Heat a skillet in low heat until the surface gets really hot. Now coat the skillet surface with oil. Now place the chapati and cook for about 1 minute side down or the side is cooked. Now sprinkle oil around the chapati and flip it over and cook for a 1 minute or the side is cooked and serve. NOTE: to make make puff you need to press with spoon or spatula.
- You should cook this chapati in low heat.
- The Dough should be kneaded very well so that the gluten is formed.If the dough is hard then chapati will not puff up. On the other hand, if the dough is very soft and sticky then you won’t be able to roll it and it will not puff up at all.