Chili kottu chapati recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Chili kottu chapati recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Chapati - 4
- Chopped onion - 2
- Chopped tomato - 2
- Chopped capsicum - 1 (small)
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chopped green chili - 1
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder -1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Clove - 1
- Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon stick - a small piece
- Curry leaf - 5 to 10 count
- Fennel seed powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Egg - 2
- Cut chapati into small pieces.
- In a pan heat oil. add fennel seed powder, clove, cardamom , cinnamon stick. Once they are sauteed add chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves and sauté until the onion turn translucent.
- Now add chopped tomato, calcium and sauté until tomato turn mushy and capsicum is sauteed.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, chili powder, garam masala powder, salt and sauté until the raw smell is gone. NOTE: don't burn it adjust heat accordingly.
- Now add chapati pieces and mix well until the masala is well coated.
- Now break egg and add to the chapati. Sauté this until the egg is cooked well (i.e. not running) and serve.
- You can add kurma or kuzhambu and sauté as well. Make sure you sauté until it gets dry for good result.