Cabbage roti recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Cabbage roti recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Maida flour - 1 cup
- Finely chopped cabbage - 1 cup
- Fresh shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion - 1
- Chopped green chili - 2
- Chopped curry leaf - 1 sprig
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, curry leaves once the mustard seeds stop splattering add the onion, green chili and sauté until onion turn translucent (golden brown). Now add the chopped cabbage and sauté it.
- In a bowl add wheat flour, maida flour, sautéed cabbage, salt, coconut, warm water as needed and make a soft dough like you do for chapati and keep this aside for 30 minutes. NOTE: Knead this dough for few minutes until the dough becomes pliable and soft.
- Heat a skillet in low heat until the surface gets really hot. Now coat the skillet surface with oil. Now place the roti and cook for about 1 minute side down or the side is cooked. Now sprinkle oil around the roti and flip it over and cook for a 1 minute or the sides are cooked and serve.