Plantain flower bonda recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Plantain flower bonda recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Black gram - 1/4 kilogram
- Plantain flower - 1 (medium size)
- Onion - 2
- Green chili - as needed
- Curry leaf - 8
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - for frying.
- Soak the black gram in water for 4 to 5 hours and grind them into a thick fine soft dough. NOTE: add less water as possible so bonda observe less oil.
- Grind coconut, black pepper coarsely without adding any water.
- Clean the plantain flour and chop them into fine pieces.
- Chop onion, green chili, curry leaves into a fine pieces.
- Now add the ground coconut, plantain flour, onion, green chili, curry leaves, salt to the black gram dough. Mix them well.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Make small balls out of the dough and deep fry them to golden brown and serve.
- Keep the oil to 350 degree Fahrenheit when you are frying and also fry the bonda in batches to get best result.