Bonda recipe (1)
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Bonda recipe (1) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Black gram - 200 grams
- Green chilies - 8
- Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Ginger - small piece
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coconut - 5 small wedges
- Oil - to fry
- Salt - as required
- Soak black gram for 3 hours in water. Wash and drain all the water.
- Chop coconut wedges into small pieces.
- Grind soaked black gram to a fine dough adding 2 green chilies, salt, little water as needed. NOTE: adding too much water will soak oil in bonda
- Finely chop the rest of the green chilies and ginger.
- Now add chopped green chili, chopped ginger, black pepper, cumin seeds, chopped coconut pieces to the dough and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Make small balls out of the dough and deep fry them to golden brown and serve.
- Goes well with coconut chutney.