Aloo bonda recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Aloo bonda recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Finely chopped onion - 100 grams
- Potato - 150 grams (cooked and mashed)
- Green pea and chopped carrot - 150 grams
- Finely chopped green chili - 5
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Gram flour - 50 grams
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Finely chopped ginger - small piece
- Finely chopped coriander leaf - from 1 small bunch
- Oil - 1/2 cup or as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Heat little oil for tempering and add mustard seeds. once the mustard seeds stop splattering add onion and sauté until onions turn translucent (golden brown).
- Now add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green pea, carrot, green chili, turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon (tsp.) of salt and sauté in simmering (low) fire for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Now add mashed cooked potato. Mix and cook this for 5 minutes. Remove this from heat then squeeze lemon juice and mix well. This is a good time to check salt and add if needed.
- In a bowl add gram flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup of water, 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.) of salt. Beat them to a batter.
- Now make medium size balls from the potato mixture.
- Heat oil for deep frying pan. Dip each potato ball in the batter and coat it well. Add the batter coated potato balls in medium hot oil and fry the aloo bonda until golden on both sides and serve.
- Serve aloo bonda hot with coconut chutney or ketchup.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →