Stuffed snake gourd bajji recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Stuffed snake gourd bajji recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Snake gourd - 1
- Potato - 2
- Onion - 2
- Lemon - 1/2
- Gram flour - 1/4 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Chili powder - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Mustard seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - for deep fry
- Finely chopped onion.
- Cut snake gourd into to 1 1/2 inch horizontal tubes (refer to image below). Steam and cook the snake gourd for 5 minutes.
- Cook the potato and mash them.
- Heat 2 tablespoon (tbsp.) of oil. Now add the mustard seeds once the mustard seeds stop splattering add onion and cook until it turns translucent (golden brown).
- Now add the mashed potato, 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.) of chili powder, turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon (tbsp.) of asafoetida powder, 1 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.) of salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon mix well and remove from heat.
- Stuff the potato in cooked snake gourd.
- In a bowl make bajji batter by adding rice flour, gram flour, 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.) of salt, a pinch of asafoetida powder, baking soda and 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in pan to fry. Now dip both the end of the snake gourd tube in the batter and fry them in oil to golden brown and serve. (should take a minute both ends.)
- Goes well with tomato sauce.
- CUT SNAKE GOURD:
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →