Baby corn bajji recipe
Cook this bajji for a good evening snack with tea or coffee.
- Baby corn - 10 count
- Corn flour - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Gram flour - 2 cup
- Rice flour - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cooking soda - a pinch
- Oil - for deep frying
- Salt - as needed
- Cut the baby corn vertically into two pieces.
- In a bowl add corn flour, gram flour, rice flour, chili powder, cooking soda, salt and make thick bajji batter by adding water little by little. NOTE: this batter should be able to coat baby corn.
- Now add the baby corn and mix well until the thick batter is well coated. Marinate this for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Now add the baby corn (coated well with batter) and fry them to golden brown and serve.
- Goes well with coriander chutney, tomato sauce.
- If you have left over batter you can fry more baby corn or other vegetables.