Sirukeerai fried balls recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Sirukeerai fried balls recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Finely chopped Sirukeerai (சிறுகீரை) - 1 cup
- Split bengal gram - 1 cup
- Split black gram - 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion - 2
- Dry chili - 4
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chopped Curry leaf - little
- Chopped Coriander leaf - little
- Oil - to deep fry
- Salt - as needed.
- In a bowl soak in water bengal gram, black gram, dry chilies for 2 hours. Drain the liquid and grind to coarse in a mixer as you do for vadai. NOTE: add less water if needed. if you add more water vadai will absorb oil.
- Heat little oil in pan and sauté the Sirukeerai (சிறுகீரை). Add this to the coarsely ground grams. Add salt to taste and mix them all well.
- Heat oil for deep fry. Make very small balls with the gram dough. Drop them in oil and cook them until they are fried crispy and serve.