Black gram (ulutham paruppu) vadai recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Black gram (ulutham paruppu) vadai recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Black gram - 1 cup
- Diced shallot (small onion) - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - 3/4 teaspoon (tsp)
- Baking soda powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Green chili peppers - 4
- Curry leaves - 5
- Oil - to fry
- Salt - for taste
- Dice onions into very small pieces. Chop the curry leaves into small pieces. Chop green chili very thin slices.
- Soak black gram in 2-3 cups of water for 3 hours and remove the water from the dal.
- In blender or a wet grinder grind the soaked black gram to fine coarse. Add water if necessary. NOTE: add little water as possible or vadai will observe lot of oil.
- Now add diced onions, chopped curry leaves, Chopped green chili, salt, baking soda powder and mix them well.
- Now heat the oil in the fryer or pan. Now take small amount of mixed dough ( a size of lemon), flatten it make a hole in center and deep fry them.
- Hardest part of this is making the dough rolled and flatten it. It will be very sticky. Solution is to dip both hands in water and make the dough ball and drop it in oil.
- Preparation Time: 15 - 20 min. Once the dal is soaked.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →