Curd vadai recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Curd vadai recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Whole black gram - 1 cup
- Green chili - 3
- Yogurt or curd - 3 cup
- Coriander leaf - 10
- Curry leaf - 10
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Shredded coconut - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Soak black gram for 2 hours. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Now grind the soaked black gram, half of the curry leaves, salt to taste and grind them into a thick dough. NOTE: don't add too much water else it will soak with lot of oil while frying it.
- Now make vadai with this dough.
- Heat the oil in the fryer or pan.
- Now take small amount of mixed dough ( a size of lemon), flatten it make a hole in center and deep fry them.
- Grind ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves, asafoetida powder, salt to taste, coconut, green chili to a fine thick paste. Add this to yogurt or curd and beat well.
- Serve the vadai by covering with yogurt or curd.
- Hardest part of this is making the dough rolled and flatten it. It will be very sticky. Solution is to dip both hands in water and make the dough ball and drop it in oil.