Chick pea vadai recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Chick pea vadai recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Chick pea - 200 grams
- Dry chili - 3
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Finely chopped Shallots - 8
- Finely chopped Green chili - 1
- Grated ginger - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves - 10
- Finely chopped Curry leaves - 5
- Salt - to taste
- Soak chick pea overnight, strain water and keep it aside.
- Grind fennel seed, dry chili, cinnamon stick, garlic, half soaked chick pea by adding as little water as possible to a paste. Now add rest of the soaked chick pea and grind to coarse.
- Add shallot, green chili, coriander, curry leaves, ginger, baking soda, salt to taste and mix well.
- Make small balls with the chick pea mixture.
- Heat oil high. Now flatten the chick pea balls deep fry them until they turn golden brown and serve.
- Chick pea has lot of protein excellent for good heath.