Tomato rasam recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Tomato rasam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Ripe tomato - 3
- Pigeon pea - handful
- Sambar powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - to taste
- Curry leaf - 5
- Coriander leaf - 5
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Salt - taste.
- Add water to pigeon pea and cook until it becomes a thick mash.
- In a pan add tomato, sambar powder, salt to taste and water as needed (2 cup) and bring to boil.
- Now add 2 curry leaf, coriander leaves and continue boiling.
- Now add the cooked pigeon pea mash into the boiling rasam.
- Now in separate pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, rest of the curry leaves, asafoetida powder; once the mustard seed stop splattering add this to boiling rasam.
- Now remove the rasam from heat and serve.
- Goes well with white rice.