Simple rasam recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Simple rasam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Thick Tamarind juice - 1 cup
- Pigeon pea - 1/2 cup
- Tomato - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Green chili - 5
- Coriander leaf - a handful
- Curry leaf - 1/2 handful.
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Ghee - for tempering
- Pressure cook pigeon pea, salt, turmeric powder, green chili, tomato, 1/2 coriander leaves into a thick mash. NOTE: cook for 5 - 6 whistle once the pressure is released. Mash with masher (mathu).
- In a pan heat oil. Add curry leaves, cumin seeds, black pepper. Once the cumin seeds stop splattering add tamarind juice and bring to boil. Cook until the tamarind raw smell is gone.
- Now add the cooked pigeon pea, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, 2 cup of water. Mix well. Simmer and bring to boil.
- Boil until it the rasam foams. Remove from heat (stove) garnish with coriander leaves and serve.