Paruppu rasam recipe (1)
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Paruppu rasam recipe (1) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Pigeon pea - 50 grams
- Black pepper - 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Dry chili - 2
- Mustard seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size.
- Chopped Tomato - 3
- Curry leaf - 8
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - as needed.
- Cook the pigeon pea by added water until it submerge in a pressure cooker. Mash the cooked pigeon pea and keep it aside.
- Soak the tamarind in 1/4 cup of water and get a thick juice.
- Ground cumin seeds, black pepper into a coarse powder.
- In a pan add cooked pigeon pea, 2 cups of water, tomato, turmeric powder and bring to boil. Boil this for 10 minutes. Now add 2 more cups of water and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Now add powdered cumin seed, black pepper, salt, curry leaves, coriander leaves to the boiling rasam. And boil for 5 another minutes.
- Now add the tamarind juice and cook until it starts to boil. Remove rasam from stove and keep it aside.
- In a separate pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, dry chili. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering. Add this to rasam and serve.