Lemon rasam recipe (2)
Rasam helps in digestion and good for our health. Rasam has many varities like pigeon pea rasam, tomato rasam, black pepper rasam, lemon rasam. Let see how to make Lemon rasam.
- Lemon juice - from 1 lemon
- Chopped tomato - 1
- Crushed garlic - 4 clove + 2 clove
- Rasam powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Mustard seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Dry chili - 2
- Curry leaf - 4 count
- Chopped coriander - little.
- Oil or ghee - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- In a pan add 2 cup of water. To this add chopped tomato, 4 crushed garlic, rasam powder, turmeric powder, salt. Now with hand crush them all well. Cook and bring this to boil.
- In a separate pan heat oil. add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry chili, curry leaf, 2 crushed garlic and sautae until the mustard seeds stop splattering and garlic raw smell is gone. Now add this to the boiling rasam. Cook the rasam for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Now add the lemon juice, coriander leaves to the rasam and remove from heat. Now the Rasam is ready to be severed.
- Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can add little lemon rind that's a different level of taste.