Green chili rasam recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Green chili rasam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- -- Grind to coarsely --
- De-seeded green chili (or) green chili - 10
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Cumin seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chopped coriander stem - half a handful
- Chopped curry leaf stem - half a handful
- Tomato - 2
- Curry leaf - half a handful
- Lemon - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander leaf - for garnish
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- - For Tempering --
- Mustard seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - 1 sprig
- Salt - as needed
- Grind all the ingredients under section "-- Grind to coarsely --" coarsely by adding no water.
- In a pan add ground ingredients, 4 cups of water, lemon juice for one lemon, turmeric powder.
- Simmer and cook this for 30 minutes or more. when the the rasam starts to foam add salt and mix well. Continue cooking until the rasam boils once. Remove the rasam from stove.
- In a pan heat oil. add mustard seeds, curry leaves once the mustard seeds stop splattering add this to the rasam. Now garnish the rasam with coriander leaves and serve.
- if you like spicy rasam do not de-seed the green chili.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →