Easy coconut milk rasam recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Easy coconut milk rasam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Thinly sliced Onion - 1/2
- Curry leaf - 5
- Finely chopped green chili - 1
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch
- Clove - 3
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - 3/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 1 tablespoon (tsp.)
- In a pan heat oil; add mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, clove. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering add onion and sauté until it turns translucent (or golden brown). Now add the curry leaves and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chili and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the coconut milk, 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Boil for a minute now add the garam masala powder and Continue Boiling the rasam until it foams up.
- Remove from heat add the lemon juice; mix well and serve.
- Don't boil the rasam too much.
- Goes well with rice, or can be enjoyed as soup.