Drumstick greens rasam recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Drumstick greens rasam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Drumstick greens - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1
- Chopped Tomato - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Salt - as needed
- -- Grind to Paste --
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Green chili - 1
- Curry leaf - 2 sprig
- Coriander leaf with stem - little
- -- For Tempering --
- Oil - as needed
- Mustard seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - little
- Dry chili - 1
- Add 1/2 cup of water to drumstick greens and cook them.
- Grind the ingredients under the section "-- Grind to Paste --" coarsely in a mixer or blender.
- In a pan heat oil. Now add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry chili. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering add the ground ingredients and sauté them.
- Now add turmeric powder, Asafoetida powder and sauté them.
- Now add the tomato and sauté them until they become mushy.
- Now add the cooked drumstick green with the liquid. Add hot water as needed and squeeze the lemon and cook until it starts to foam.
- Now add stalk bring to boil once and serve.
- Instead of green chili you can substitute with black pepper powder.
- Instead of lemon you can use tamarind juice as well.