Paruppu Payasam Recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Paruppu Payasam Recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Moong dal - 100 grams
- Spit bengal gram - a handful
- Raw rice - a handful
- Jaggery - 150 grams
- Coconut - 1/2
- Crushed Cardamom, cashew nut - as needed.
- Ghee - as needed
- Dry roast moong dal and split bengal gram separately one by one and keep it aside. NOTE: be careful don't burn them.
- Heat 1 tumbler of water, add the Jaggery. Cook this until the Jaggery melt. Now filter it so impurities in the bottom are removed.
- Shredded the coconut and grind this into a fine thick paste by adding water as needed.
- In pressure cooker add the roasted moon dal, roasted split bengal gram, raw rice, water as needed and cook them well. I.e. its should be mushy.
- Once the pressure is released. continue cooking the dal.
- Now add Jaggery water, grind coconut and bring to boil. and remove from heat. NOTE: remove when boil once
- Now add cardamom.
- Roast the cashew nut in ghee and at to Payasam. Mix well and serve.
- If becomes think you can add coconut milk or boiled milk as needed to make it thin to your consistency.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →