Jackfruit kheer recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Jackfruit kheer recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Ripe jack fruit flesh - 10 to 12
- Jaggery - 1 cup or as per your taste
- Coconut - 1
- Ghee - 4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Thinly sliced coconut - few
- Cashew nut - few
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- De-seed the jack fruit flesh, chop into small pieces. Pressure cook them for 1 or 2 whistle in pressure cooker by adding little water i.e. until they just immerse.
- Melt jaggery in 1 cup of water. Filter and remove the impurities and keep it aside.
- Grade the coconut and take 1 cup of first thick milk and 1 1/2 cup of second milk. Refer to this article for How to extract coconut milk?
- Roast the cashew to golden brown in 2 teaspoon (tsp.) of ghee and keep it aside. Now in the same pan roast the coconut pieces to golden brown and keep it aside.
- In a pan add jack fruit pulp, jaggery, 2 teaspoon (tsp.) of ghee and cook until they become slightly thick. Add the second coconut milk and boil for few minutes.
- Now add the first coconut milk, cardamom powder and switch off the flame. Note: Don't boil after you add the first coconut milk
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts, coconut piece and serve hot.
- No need to pressure cook if the jack fruit is ripe. Just grind the jack fruit.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →