Banana payasam recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Banana payasam recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Ripe banana (or) Nenthra pazham - 1 big
- Jaggery - as needed
- Thick coconut milk (first milk) - 1/2 cup
- Light coconut milk (second milk) - 1 cup
- Crushed cardamom - 2
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cut the ripe banana (or) nenthra pazham into big pieces then steam and cook them. Now mash the cooked ripe banana (or) nenthra pazham in a mixer or by hand without any lump.
- In a bowl dissolve the jaggery in little water.
- Heat the dissolved jaggery. Now add the mashed ripe banana (or) nenthra pazham and cook for 2 minutes by stirring.
- Now add the light coconut milk and bring to boil. Once its boiling add the thick coconut milk, crushed cardamom and cook until they heat up.
- Now you can roast some nuts in ghee and add to the payasam and serve.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →