Beef (ox) tail soup recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Beef (ox) tail soup recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Beef or Ox tail - 1
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Onion - 1
- Tomatoes - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp)
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp)
- Coriander leaves - 10
- Oil - 2 table spoon
- Curry leaves - 5 (optional)
- Shredded coconut - 4 teaspoon (tsp)
- Rice flour - 1 table spoon ( optional )
- Cut the onions into big pieces. Cut tomatoes into big pieces.
- Ground the coconut and rice flour in to fine paste.
- In pressure cooker or in a pan add ox tail, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder. With this add the onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves, salt to taste and a liter of water.. Pressure cook this for 5-6 whistle. if used a pan simmer and cook until the meat falls off the tail.
- Once the pressure is gone add the coconut and rice paste to the soup simmer and cook for another 10-15 min. In case of pan do the same. Remove the soup from the fire.
- In another pan heat oil add onions and curry leaves and cook until the onion turns golden brown. Add this to the soup mix well and serve.