Paal kova carrot halwa recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Paal kova carrot halwa recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Shredded carrot - 1/2 kilogram
- Milk - 1/2 liter
- Sugar - 350 grams
- Paal kova (milk kova) - 100 grams
- Ghee, cashew nut, cardamom - as needed
- Boil the milk in pan. Now add the carrot and cook them.
- Once the carrot is cooked and all the liquid is evaporated add the sugar and cook until the halwa become thick. NOTE: once you add sugar the mix will become loose.
- Now add the Paal kova (milk kova), crushed cardamom. Mix well and cook for couple of minute and remove from heat.
- Melt the ghee in a pan and roast the cashews. Add this to halwa and serve.
- Since we use Paal kova (milk kova) we don't need lot of sugar.
- Make sure the carrot measure is equal to sugar measure. i.e. 1:1 ratio
- Serve this with vanilla icecream