Carrot halwa (halva) recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Carrot halwa (halva) recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Shredded carrot – 200 grams
- Ghee – 50 grams
- Sugar or brown sugar - 2 cup
- Cashew nut - 15
- Raisins - 15
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Whole Milk – 1 liter
- Heat milk when it boils add shredded carrot and cook the carrot.
- Once the carrot is cooked and the milk becomes thick add sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- In the mean time melt ghee in pan. Add cashew, raisins and sauté until the cashew turns color and raising plum up. Now add this to thick carrot halwa.
- Now add cardamom powder mix well and cook for a minute and serve.