Beetroot halwa recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Beetroot halwa recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Beetroot - 1/2 kilograms
- Sugar - 300 grams
- Ghee - 100 grams
- Dalda - 50 grams
- Milk - 1/2 liter
- Raisins - 5 grams
- Cashew nuts - 10 grams
- Red food coloring (optional) - a few drops
- Clean and grate the beetroot.
- Cook the grated beetroot in milk until they are cooked.
- Now add the sugar and mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Now add the ghee, dalda, food coloring and cook until halwa (ghee separates) reached.
- In a separated pan melt ghee. roast the cashews to golden brown, raisins until they plump and add to halwa and serve.